Unfortunately, Head Lice can present a problem in any school. If you find your child has Head Lice, please have him/her treated immediately. Also, inform the school so we can send a letter home to request the parents of your child’s class to check their children. Please note that student confidentiality is maintained and the students that have Head Lice are not named. If your child brings home a note indicating that case of Head Lice has occurred in their classroom, it is imperative that parents thoroughly check their children’s hair. Doing this greatly reduces the spread of Head Lice. Head Lice is very common and any child can catch it. It has become quite resistant to some common treatment methods and many families struggle trying to treat it effectively. Parents are encouraged to contact Public Health about effective methods to treat Head Lice.
Latest School News
- 2021-2022 CMSD82 Registration Procedures for Kindergarten January 19, 2021
- 2021-2022 CMSD82 New Student Registration & Cross Boundary Application January 19, 2021
- Student Learning Survey 2020/2021 January 18, 2021
- COVID-19 Potential School Exposure Notification Received from Northern Health December 18, 2020
- Managing Stress related to COVID-19 November 29, 2020