Unfortunately, Head Lice can present a problem in any school. If you find your child has Head Lice, please have him/her treated immediately. Also, inform the school so we can send a letter home to request the parents of your child’s class to check their children. Please note that student confidentiality is maintained and the students that have Head Lice are not named. If your child brings home a note indicating that case of Head Lice has occurred in their classroom, it is imperative that parents thoroughly check their children’s hair. Doing this greatly reduces the spread of Head Lice. Head Lice is very common and any child can catch it. It has become quite resistant to some common treatment methods and many families struggle trying to treat it effectively. Parents are encouraged to contact Public Health about effective methods to treat Head Lice.
Latest School News
- Terrace Bussing Update effective Monday, February 6 until Further Notice February 5, 2023
- 2023-2024 StrongStart & Kindergarten to Grade 12 Registration Is Now Open January 23, 2023
- Student & Family Affordability Fund December 12, 2022
- CMSD82 Strategic Plan 2022-2027 – Engage, Ignite, Empower August 10, 2022
- CMSD82 is Hiring … Join our Team! April 19, 2022